HOTELS HAVE TO REINVENT THEIR PRACTICES TO STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME: TECHNOLOGY OR NOT…
Technology on the Go
2. Free smartphones preloaded with unlimited data and city highlights guides (such as at the InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong).
3. Curtains to automatically open, music to start playing and the room’s temperature to adjust to your preference as soon as you walk in the door (such as at the Aria Las Vegas).
4. Music streaming service featuring millions of songs fro free, to create playlists that suit your mood (such as at the Vibe Hotels).
5. Hotel apps enabling you to get the best of hotels from reservation to in-house stay.
6. WiFi everywhere for free is not anymore a must but a basic.
No technology on the Go for our relax time
Digital detox policy with tech-free zones is becoming a trend for some (Hotels such as the Westin Dublin, Kimpton Monaco in Chicago, Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, and most JW Marriott hotels in the Caribbean and Central America).
Technology is great but hotel should power all will green energy and build with eco-materials to preserve our planet and our health 😉